I’ve traveled. I know there are wonderful places all over the great US of A. Some of my favorites include Colorado, Los Angeles, San Diego, Naples, FL and the Pacific Northwest. But I’ve come to the very clear conclusion in the past few years that the Northeastern part of our great nation is really where my heart belongs.
Somehow (by the grace of the PR Gods) when I started JFC PR I went from being a boutique Caribbean hotel gal to a New England Hotel Gal. Now I’m familiar with New England – I’ve been there many times over my life. One of my favorite trips when I was about 7 years old was a week long trip to Massachusetts, complete with a trip to the Salem Witch Museum. I also represented the beautiful and historic Equinox Resort in Vermont for many years and probably did that drive to southern Vermont about 15 times. So I totally got it before. But now, I get it in a different, more intimate way.
JFC PR now has the pleasure of working with the New England Inns & Resorts Association, an association comprised of nearly 250 different hotels, B&B’s and Inns across New England. This affords me, as a publicist, a unique opportunity to get to know a large number of innkeepers and hotels across the six states of New England and to become familiar with the seasons (did you know New England has an extra season, affectionately called Mud Season!) cuisine (yes I can now eat a lobster the right way, thank you Connie Russell at the Samoset Resort in Maine) and the lovely, genuine people of New England who are a pleasure to work and interact with.
So great was my love of New England that this past summer my husband and I braved the seven hour drive with small children to Rockport Maine to visit the Samoset Resort. A classic hotel – newly renovated with the addition of a spa and a fabulous Italian restaurant La Bella Vita, that got rave reviews from us and everyone else we talked to! Mid-coast Maine is one of the most beautiful places we’ve been – so charming and so much fun. It was a perfect family vacation. Our week’s highlights included a trip on Captain Jacks lobster boat, a trip to the beach and state park and an amazing dinner at Primo in Rockland. Seriously one of the best meals I’ve ever had.
So if you’re looking to get to New England – why wait any longer? I can’t recommend it enough, it’s drive distance from Boston, Philly (my hometown) and NY and it has everything for family fun and best of all, family memories.
Check out some of these amazing packages currently offered by New England Inns & Resorts. They are all designed to INNrich your vacation to the max – which is only a bonus if you’re going to New England….
INNrich Your Next Vacation with New England Inns & Resorts Association’s INNrichment Packages
North Hampton, NH (March 7, 2012) – This spring and summer it’s all about INNrichment at New England Inns & Resorts Association! NEIRA’s members have so many terrific and unique INNrichment opportunities we’ve compiled them in one spot to make sure that those who want to experience the best of New England can INNrich their vacation to the maximum! The INNRichment packages offer life enhancing experiences such as lobster fishing, surfing, chef training, art classes, horseback riding and more. These terrific deals can only be found collectively at www.NewEnglandInnsandResorts.com – no other website can offer such a wide range of packages and information in one central location.
The New England Inns and Resorts Association is comprised of nearly 250 of the finest inns, resorts, hotels, and B&Bs in the region, with a wide range of accommodations to satisfy every visitor. The INNrichment offerings vary by property, and visitors can find the New England vacation that suits them best by visiting www.NewEnglandInnsandResorts.com. Sample packages include:
• Weeklong Tuscan Foodie Adventure (Hartstone Inn & Hideaway, Camden, ME) – Guests will join Chef Benedetta Vitali for a week of Tuscan cooking from June 4-8, 2012. Chef Benedetta is the author of the James Beard Award finalist Soffritto: Tradition and Innovation in Tuscan Cooking, in which she makes a compelling case for learning to cook as Italians do by fully engaging all of one’s senses and paying close attention to the transformation of ingredients that occurs during cooking rather than by following recipes. This wonderful package includes a five-night stay, private welcome dinner for two, lunch daily for one person, 6 cooking classes, a mozzarella making class at the State of Maine Cheese Company, an olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting at Fiore Artisan Olive Oils and Vinegars and a wine tasting/private tour of the Cellardoor Winery. Also includes a welcome amenity and apron. Room rate based on double occupancy and ONE participant in cooking school. Breakfast for two is included daily. Rate starts at $1,250 for two people. Charge for additional student is $525 and includes everything above.
• Catch the Maine Experience (Inn by the Sea, Cape Elizabeth, ME) – An authentic Maine experience for the whole family. Learn to haul lobster and live the life of lobsterman on a Casco Bay Lobster Boat. Includes two nights in a two-bedroom cottage accommodation for four people, an adventure onto Casco Bay in a real lobster boat, taking your catch next door to the Lobster Company and enjoying a lobster meal on Portland Harbor, along with a $50 Gift certificate for sides and drinks! Package starts at $1,093.02 and is available 5/31/12 thru 10/04/12.
• Kid’s Create Art (Berkshire Hills Motel, Williamstown, MA) – A fantastic family getaway to share and discover a love of art, all before the summer camps and activities get into full swing. Package is one weekend only and includes breakfast daily, a clay workshop where kids will make a Garden Toad Sculpture, tickets to the Mass MoCA museum, a clay modeling class, an outdoor nature drawing class, smore’s and Friday game night, a guided nature walk and a booklet of discounted coupons for local stores and eateries. Rate starts at only $429 for a family of three to four people. Weekend is June 22-24. Space is limited.
• Three Night Horseback Riding Vacation (Mountaintop Inn & Resort, Chittenden, VT) – The perfect getaway for horse loving girlfriends or Mom and daughter duos, the vacation includes three nights lodging in a Classic Lodge Room, a hearty Vermont breakfast for two each morning, six hours of guided trail rides per person and use of the Resort’s facilities including the private lake-front beach, hiking trails, kayaks, canoes, tennis court and more. Starts at $1,150 and includes tax and resort charge. Save 20% off the package price if you arrive Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. Additional riding lessons can be purchased for $40 per one hour.
• Om & Foam Adventure (The Meadowmere Resort, Ogunquit, ME) – This three-night adventure includes accommodations, breakfast daily, one two-hour surf lesson per person (board and wetsuit included), one yoga lesson per person, a Surfrider Gift Bag and resort amenities. As an added bonus, for every night’s stay booked, the Meadowmere Resort, Ogunquit’s First Environmental Leader Hotel, will make a donation to the Surfrider Foundation to protect Ogunquit Beach. Package begins at $249 per person, per night and is available June 1 – September 30.